Thursday, September 2, 2010

Today I feel very blessed...

...because I am.

There are so many things to be grateful for!

1. My job.  The fact that I HAVE a job in this economy is great to begin with.  But I have such a wonderful job!  I feel silly when I say I work for my mom but she is the best employer.  Good pay, flexible hours, fun, convenient.  I am so blessed!

2. My husband.  He is so wonderful!  He is so good to me.  I can tell he just loves me so much.  He is a good, hard-working person and I am proud to help put him through school (with my great job that I'm blessed with!) so he can be a successful businessman as an architect and support our family.

3. The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  What an amazing gift.  Life just makes sense (for the most part) and I know what great things lie ahead.  The Savior helps me so much through all the walks of life, I couldn't ask for a better Friend.  I would be so lost without Him and His Gospel.  I'm so grateful to know who I am, that I am  divine and a daughter of God and that my soul is of GREAT worth, and that the blessings which await the faithful after this life are so incredible that I can't even imagine how wonderful it will be.  Having this knowledge gives me so much peace and joy.  Every day is special.  What a wonderful life!

4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  The organization of the Church is such a great blessing!  It makes available so many wonderful things.  The support system from the Prophet up top down to the ward families, which includes home and visiting teachers, is so small thing.  There are always so many people around you that love you and are willing to help out no matter where in the world you are.

5. My family.  Every family has their dysfunctions, but when it comes down to it I know they are there for me when I need some back-up.  And I know deep down they really do love me.  Isn't that just great?
Of course these are in no order of rank.

I have a good life.  :)


"Let us be no more tossed to and fro by every worldly wind and doctrine of man (see Ephesians 4:14). We declare to the world that the heavens are open and the truth of God's eternal plan has again been made known to mankind. We live in the dispensation of the fulness of times. We live in a day when we have the witness through the scriptures of the great plan the Lord has given to His children from the beginning of time down to this present and last dispensation. The evidence is well documented; we are not left alone to wander through mortality without knowing of the master plan which the Lord has designed for His children. He has bound Himself by solemn covenant to give us the blessings of heaven according to our obedience to His law. Oh, remember, remember that these things are true, for the Lord God has revealed these eternal truths unto us."

- Elder L. Tom Perry -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!