Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Look at me being crafty!

First let me show you my fall decoration.

TADA!


Cute, eh?  I'm proud of it.  I bought each piece separate and put it together!  I confess that my mom helped a little.  I'm not much of a decorator but I want to learn!  And while the cash ain't rollin' in just yet, I'm going to keep it small and simple.  Which is why I went to the dollar store.  Three of these items were $1 and two were $.50.  :)

And I wanted something Halloween-y so I got this (for a dollar):


Being festive is fun.  :)


Alsoooooo...  The Mia-Maids (14-15 year-old girls) in my ward (church) asked me to be on a dating panel for them for mutual (youth group).  Cute huh!  The lesson is on the law of chastity and being clean to enter the temple and stuff.  This is something that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO important, especially for the youth.  And especially in a world that right now is so vastly wicked and sinful.  Because we have to be clean to be able to enter into the Temple, the Lord's holy house, which is where we are sealed to our families and to the Lord forever!  So not only have I been fervently praying to be able to share my thoughts and feelings and to be able to know the things they need to hear, I wanted to make them something.  This is what I came up with:


A picture of the Mesa Arizona Temple with the 3rd verse to the Hymn "More Holiness Give Me" underneath which says: "More purity give me, more strength to o'ercome, More freedom from earth-stains, more longing for home. More fit for the kingdom, more used would I be, More blessed and holy, more, Savior, like Thee." and the scripture from Proverbs 31:10, which you should be able to read in the picture so I won't repeat myself.


It's real simple, and I feel a little silly.  But I hope they like them.

1 comment:

  1. You are quite crafty! I love the temple pictures! I am sure they will love them, and I am sure they love you!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!