Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lots of happy things!

Alright, let's see here...

We updated our walls!  Probably about a month after the wedding we put up an "F" and it took a lot out of us so it's been lonely ever since...


But now we put up the wonderful painting Grandpa Gene Coltrin painted for us:



And I finally got a beautiful picture of Christ and also The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and The Living Christ documents (yayayay!):



And this cute little number:


I'm still working on getting my wedding wall worked on.  And I need to figure out what picture of the temple I'm going to put where...  Those are the next items on the Wall To-Do List!  I am happy that I am making progress.  :)


NEXT!  I make dinner every so often, and Adam is happy that he doesn't have to eat the same thing over and over and over again.  This week I made Hawaiian Haystacks!  My first time.  I've never made rice on my own before and I was home alone when I started making this so I ended up cooking the whole bag of rice.  It wasn't a big bag but it made a lot of rice!  It came out well though.  Adam says that it's better to make more than to make it bad!  I like it!  For those of you who don't know how to put together Hawaiian Haystacks (because that's essentially what you do, put it together) here's how it goes:
  • rice
  • gravy made from Cream of Chicken
  • sprinkled with Chow Mein Noodles
  • topped with pineapple chunks
  • and your choise of an assortment of things such as shredded cheese, mandarin oranges, coconut shreds, chopped onions, peppers, celery, tomatoes, olives, peas, nuts, etc.!
Adam also likes chicken or ham added to it (unless you use a chunky chicken gravy! or you could do both)



Easy peasy.


ALSO!  We bought a car!  Finally!  After searching and searching we at last located the car we wanted.  It's a 2003 Honda Civic EX.  Woohoo!  We have two cars!  I feel like a real grown up making such a large purchase.




ANNNNDDDDD!  The U of A game!


What a great game!!  And we got to be there for it.  ALL the way up on the second to last row!  We had a great view though on the 45.  We could see all the awesome action!




We got there super early to beat crazy traffic and to get a spot in the Institute parking lot and to cheer on the players at the Wildcat Walk.  It was cool!  There were tons of people! 


We got there at a perfect time so we were right up front.  Adam got to high-five all the players!  I'm sure he was in heaven. 

 (This is where a video of Adam slapping the hands of all the UofA players
should be but I can't get it to load.. It might be too big.)

Bear down Arizona!


And this is us being happy after we WON a fantastic game:



Yeah!

We finally got home, exhausted, around 12:30.  And had church early at 9am.  But it was worth the fun and good times!  But I would rather not do that every weekend....  :D

1 comment:

  1. 1. your apartment is way cute... I would like to see it in person ;)
    2. I really like your plates
    3. I laughed really hard about your rice making adventure--hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!