Saturday, September 25, 2010

I think I've finally found my happy place

It's really hard to find the words to say sometimes.  Converting feelings into words isn't so easy!

I feel like I've been filled with such great joy in the last little while, something I've been lacking for too long.  Funny how things happen and then you realize that it's an answer to your prayers!  Heavenly Father DOES hear us and he DOES answer us, in His own way and time, which seems most of the time to be something different than what we think it will be.  But it is always good, and better I'm sure!  Adam and I made our monthly visit to the Temple last night.  It is so beautiful.  I had a wonderful experience there, as always.


Looks like my camera lens needs a cleaning.  Annndd maybe next time we'll take the picture during the day so our faces aren't blurry! (dang it)


ON THE MENU!  Chicken Pillows!  These are so yummy.  I love them so much!  I forgot to take a picture of the masterpiece the night of the dinner so I captured the goodness in left-over form (which is just as tasty, don't be fooled!).


And then when I ate it for dinner the next day I took the opportunity to get the true feel of the meal on film.


This picture was actually taken before I heated it up...  But I guess you would never know the difference if I hadn't told you!  Oh well.  Just imagine it hot.  Yummm.  :)

The recipe goes as follows (makes 8 pillows):

For the pillows:

In a bowl, combine a cup or two of cooked shredded or cubed chicken* with an 8 ounce package of cream cheese (which you can leave out on the counter for a while or stick in the microwave to soften it up for easier mixing) and a cup of shredded cheese (I use cheddar but I guess you can use whatever kind you want, depending on the taste you're going for!).  Mix it good.  You can add some garlic salt and pepper for extra taste if desired.

Using one can of crescent roll dough, separate into the already perforated triangles.  Lightly smash each triangle out a little bit as to stretch them out a little, but not too much, you don't want them to rip!  Place a spoonful of your chicken/cheese mixture on each triangle and stretch the remaining dough over the mixture to cover it up and make into a "pillow."  Dip each pillow first in some melted butter or margarine and second in bread crumbs (I like Italian flavored bread crumbs, just sayin').

On a cookie sheet lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick spray, place your pillows!  Stick it in the oven, pre-heated to 350 degrees, for 15 or so minutes.  They should be brown on the outside when they are done!

*The way I cook the chicken is by cutting it up into small (but not too small) pieces and putting it in a pot of water on the stove: bring to a boil then turn down to a low heat for 15-20 minutes.  Season the water with salt and pepper or whatever -- I like to use garlic salt and lemon & pepper seasoning salt.  (Extra tip:  Save this broth you just made to use in the gravy!)

For the gravy:

You can use one or two cans of Cream of Chicken Soup.  Only add half a can of water (or milk!) for each can of soup you use.  A yummy tip is to use the broth made from cooking the chicken as your water for the gravy.  Heat up and serve over pillows!

Enjoy!


Relief Society broadcast tonight!  So excited!


A few quotes for your enjoyment:
"Lack of forgiveness is like injecting yourself with poison and waiting for the other person to die."
(I don't know who said this)
"Just like everything in this gospel, it's never about skill, it's about obedience.  Because if we are obedient, God can do anything he needs with us, but he can't work through the disobedient."
-Elder Weslin Pullen, missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ currently serving and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of the Philippines-

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!