Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I Am Happy Where I Am

The first couple weeks of Eli's life were difficult for me.  All I wanted was to hold him, to keep him to myself, and I wanted him to stay exactly how he was, to never get bigger or grow up.  It would make me want to cry when people told me that he was getting big -- He was my little baby and so special to me and I wanted it to stay that way forever!

Thankfully I emerged from those baby blues.  Because Eli has been growing, getting bigger, and he's just as cute!  I don't want to crawl into a hole with him every time someone says he's "getting so big" anymore.  I still don't want him to grow up, not too fast anyway, but I have to say that as each new stage has come for us, I love it even more than the last!  He is sooo cute and so fun!  Right now he is playing with everything, rolling everywhere, smiling and laughing a TON, and his personality is really starting to show!

I hope it will continue to be this way.  I know one day down the road (probably more than once) I'll look back and think about my little baby, and miss him like this.  But right now I'm trying to find the joy in each day as it is, and enjoy every moment with him in each stage of his life, as he learns new things and will no doubt begin to teach us.  And I'm loving every minute!

We are so blessed to have Eli in our lives, in our family!  We love him to the moon and back.  :)




"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!