Monday, June 6, 2011

Celebrating the First of Many Years

Like I mentioned in my previous post, Saturday (June 4) was Adam and my first wedding anniversary.

He got me flowers!
 Aren't they so pretty??  He did good!

I kidnapped him on Friday and we went on a surprise getaway weekend to Phoenix.

We had dinner at this awesome restaurant:

 They even took our picture and emailed it to us!

Here's a close-up on that surprise "Happy Anniversary" dessert.

Adam says it was the best steak he has ever had.  Ever.  And he was surprised (about the weekend and dinner)!  Guess I done good.  :)

And the next day, our actual anniversary day, we went to a DBacks game with Adam's parents and his cousin who came into town to visit.  I wanted to tell the information people that it was our anniversary so hopefully they would make a big scene and announce it and whatnot.  Unfortunately that didn't happen.  Oh well.  At least the DBacks won!  Woohoo!

My co-worker/friend's husband insisted on saving the top of our cake from our wedding, so it has been sitting in their freezer for the past year.  Tradition is to eat the top part of your cake on your 1st anniversary...  We missed it by a couple days but we will be having it soon.  It will probably be gross, but I want to be able to say that we did it!  Haha.

4 comments:

  1. Holy hank, that year went by quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo! fun fun. We saved our cake toppers--double bagged--in the freezer (they were made of white chocolate) and ate them a week after our anniversary... they still tasted like freezer burned chicken. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, you guys! Looks like you know how to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!