Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I Can Do Hard Things

It's my nature that when I go somewhere, I really enjoy going with other people.  It's more fun that way!  The more the merrier.  Also it can be hard to go places with both kids without Adam.  But as I drove home last week after a long morning/afternoon at a free heritage park day with both kids passed out asleep in their car seats I felt good and accomplished and happy.  Even though no one else could come with me.

I really like to take advantage of free events.  I was pretty nervous going to a new place by myself with both kids, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go for free.  And guess what?  We survived!  And we actually did have a good time.  It helps to be prepared with food, water, and sunscreen.  The place was big with lots of things to do and see, but I knew Eli wouldn't be too interested in the historical stuff and that trying to help him see things while also trying to keep Kayleigh entertained would be a challenge so we just hit up the most important things.  He rode a pony, we pet animals, stopped by the splash pad, rode a mini train, played on a big boat, ate free popsicles, climbed a spiral staircase, looked at cool geode rocks, and rode the big train!  We were there for 4 hours.  Phew!  But like I said, we not only survived but also had a lot of fun.  I know the kids like to get out of the house and see new things and I'm trying to be good at that for them.  It helps everyone.  :)

As we drove home I thought about how doing this hard thing and being out so long by myself with both kids makes the idea of doing other things closer to home for a less amount of time easier and totally doable!  I love to watch the kids having fun.  And I love not rushing their fun.

I know my ability to do hard things comes directly from Christ.  He strengthens me and lifts me up.  And when I do good things even when they are not easy I allow Heavenly Father to bless me.  I am happy, my family is happy, we are at peace with our place in life and where we are going.  I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His influence and assistance in every area of my life.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!